The Institute of Physics in Scotland actively encourages its members and others to communicate exciting aspects and applications of physics to a wide audience. The Institute in Scotland’s grant scheme is designed to give financial support of up to £2,500 (under exceptional circumstances and with the appropriate justification additional financial support may be considered) to individuals and organisations running physics-based events and activities.
How to apply for a grant
Practical support in terms of help, advice and selected resources is also available from the Physics in Society team, contact email@example.com or the Institute of Physics in Scotland branch committee who can be contacted via the national officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of initiatives sponsored by the Institute of Physics in Scotland
- Orkney International Science Festival
- IOP at the Edinburgh International Science Festival
- Lighting up the curriculum
- Physics in Space
- St Mary’s Bang Goes the Borders Science Festival
- Report on TUSLIP day of Physics 2011
- Doctor Austin & Spark in Space report
- British Science Association lecture and workshop on robots
- Science in the Streets, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Caithness Astronomy Group - public and schools solar observing activities
- IOP Report - Lighting up Curriculum for Excellence