The Institute of Physics in Scotland actively encourages its members and others to communicate exciting aspects and applications of physics to a wide audience. The Institute in Scotland’s grant scheme is designed to give financial support of up to £2,500 (under exceptional circumstances and with the appropriate justification additional financial support may be considered) to individuals and organisations running physics-based events and activities.
How to apply for a grant
- Information and guidelines for making an application (PDF, 39 KB)
- Application form (Word, 137 KB)
Practical support in terms of help, advice and selected resources is also available from the Physics in Society team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Institute of Physics in Scotland branch committee who can be contacted via the national officer on email@example.com.
Examples of initiatives sponsored by the Institute of Physics in Scotland
- IOP at the Edinburgh International Science Festival (PDF, 2 MB)
- Lighting up the curriculum (PDF, 632 KB)
- Physics in Space (PDF, 562 KB)
- St Mary’s Bang Goes the Borders Science Festival (PDF, 231 KB)
- Report on TUSLIP day of Physics 2011 (PDF, 53 KB)
- Doctor Austin & Spark in Space report (PDF, 232 KB)
- British Science Association lecture and workshop on robots (PDF, 63 KB)
- Science in the Streets, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Caithness Astronomy Group - public and schools solar observing activities (PDF, 2 MB)
- IOP Report - Lighting up Curriculum for Excellence (PDF, 414 KB)